Intensive Outpatient Program in Texas
Ranch at Dove Tree offers an intensive outpatient program (IOP) as part of our complete continuum of care for those with substance use issues.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is a structured and comprehensive form of mental health or substance abuse treatment that provides a higher level of care than traditional outpatient therapy but is less intensive than inpatient treatment. Our IOP Program is designed to meet the needs of individuals who require more support and structure than standard outpatient therapy but do not need 24-hour care in a hospital setting. Depending on a person’s substance use history and family support status, IOP may be an initial level of care. IOP is also for individuals who have completed residential treatment.
Ways Intensive Outpatient Programs Can Be Helpful
- Structured Support: IOPs offer a structured treatment plan that typically includes group therapy, individual therapy, and educational sessions. This structure helps individuals develop coping skills, manage triggers, and address their specific issues.
- Holistic Approach: Many IOPs take a holistic approach to treatment, addressing the physical, emotional, and social aspects of a person’s life. This can lead to more comprehensive and lasting recovery.
- Peer Support: Group therapy is a core component of IOPs, allowing participants to connect with others who are facing similar challenges. Peer support can be a powerful motivator and source of understanding.
Components of Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) in Texas
- Assessment and Evaluation: On admission to our IOP in Texas, each client is provided with a weekly therapist and client liaison to guide them through the program. You will check in with the liaison at the beginning of the program and meet again a few times prior to discharge, in order to make sure the best aftercare plan is in place.
- Program Flexibility: IOPs offer more flexibility compared to inpatient programs, allowing individuals to continue with their daily routines, such as work, school, or family responsibilities, while still receiving intensive treatment. Participants in our intensive outpatient program for substance abuse are involved in a minimum of 15 hours of recovery programs initially. Evening groups are available.
- Program Compliance: Random drug testing is also part of the IOP process.
- Group Therapy: Clients in IOP in Texas initially attend group therapy every night for the first two to three weeks. On the nights they are not in group, integration into community recovery meetings takes place. IOP is transitional in nature and includes two specific step-down phases.
- Individual Therapy: In addition to group sessions, each client have individual therapy sessions with a licensed therapist to address their specific needs, set goals, and work on personalized treatment plans. The Ranch at Dove Tree’s IOP in Texas is dedicated to providing optimal care for each client’s unique needs, and we are proud of our ability to do this!