The National Institute on Drug Abuse makes it clear that opioid addiction is dangerous, claiming the lives of 106,000 people in 2021 alone due to overdoses. Opioids include a wide range of drugs, including illegal drugs like heroin, synthetic opioids like fentanyl, and prescription drugs such as oxycodone, hydrocodone, and codeine.
If you’re facing addiction, finding the best addiction treatment center for opioids is critical to your future well-being. While many treatment centers offer substance abuse programs for those with opioid dependency, you’ll want to look for a few key things to ensure you get the best possible outcome.
Level of Care Provided
Because of the strong dependency opioids can cause, choosing a treatment center that offers multiple levels of care is very important. Many patients will move through several steps in the care they receive:
Most people with opioid dependence benefit from a period of detoxification, or detox. A detox program allows you to receive the physical and emotional support you need to stop using these substances, minimizing the discomfort and ensuring your medical needs are met. Since some opioids can carry extended, complicated, and even life-threatening symptoms, medical detoxification is typically the best option.
Inpatient Residential Treatment
Once your body is no longer dependent on the substance, it’s necessary to work toward recovery in a residential treatment center. These programs may be 30 to 60 days in length. During this time, you receive exceptional care and support as you work towards establishing a strong foundation for lasting sobriety.
At The Ranch at Dove Tree, our residential treatment provides you with:
- Individual therapy with a counselor at least two times a week
- At least 6 hours of group therapy and educational support each day
- 12-step recovery programming
- Help developing necessary life skills
- Family programming, in which your family receives education and support
- Help establishing a daily wellness routine
- Experiential activities, including equine-assisted psychotherapy, outdoor adventure, and service work outings
When choosing the best addiction treatment center, it’s critical to choose a location that offers a focus on life skills, healthy family relationships, building purpose, and commitment to service.
Additional Support You Need During Your Opioid Addiction Recovery Process
Getting the right level of care is essential and should be your first area of focus. However, you’ll also want to look for other aspects of high-quality addiction treatment centers:
- A supportive environment: Opioid addiction treatment should always be in a positive, supportive environment where you feel as though you can open up to express your thoughts and feelings.
- Individualized care: Always seek out a treatment center offering individualized care based on a comprehensive assessment. Not everyone sees the same results from a standardized program.
- Nutrition support: The recovery from opioid addiction requires giving your body the nutrients it needs to thrive and heal. We focus heavily on providing quality nutritional support to our clients.
- Support for mental health needs: Many people need help for co-occurring disorders, including help for anxiety, trauma, depression, and disordered eating that often comes with opioid addiction.
- Physical recovery: For those who are dependent on opioids due to the pain relief they offer, alternative pain management strategies can be critical. At the same time, care for medical conditions should also be provided.
- Confidential care: Your privacy should always be maintained. At our facility in Lubbock, TX, we take pride in working closely with you to provide you with care that’s best suited for your needs.
- A home-like setting: You may benefit from a home-like, welcoming setting. Choose a location that feels comfortable to you. Our team offers care for about 56 clients at a time, ensuring each person receives support at the highest level.
Opioid addiction treatment is necessary for many people, and it can be very successful. Do you know someone who needs opioid addiction treatment? Are you facing the challenges of this type of prescription drug addiction? Let the team at The Ranch at Dove Tree offer the help and guidance you need. Use our insurance verification form now or contact our admissions team to learn more about how we are working to change lives.